I’m a 20-something nutritional scientist turned marketer, food lover and home cook based in Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
My blog features simple dishes made with fresh ingredients and bold flavours as well as fun twists on traditional favourites. I try to cook healthfully whenever possible but am no stranger to a good steak, pepperoni pizza or hearty bowl of fettuccini alfredo. In fact, my two favourite foods are french fries and cheese!
Full disclosure: I’m not a chef, recipe developer, photographer or restauranteur. Heck, I don’t even consider myself a great cook. Put simply, I just like to make, eat and share good food with others (and hopefully learn a thing or two along the way).
Just for fun, here are seven random facts about me:
- Reading and writing are my two favourite things to do; food is my topic of choice.
- I am half Hungarian, a quarter Italian (Abruzzi) and a quarter English (Cornwall).
- I was born and raised in South Porcupine, Ontario, Canada, a small northern town located just outside of Timmins. To put it into perspective, it’s a 9-hour drive due north from Toronto.
- I grew up ski-dooing, ice fishing, hunting, camping and ice skating on our backyard rink. If you ever need tips on what to do if you encounter a black bear or moose, or how to gut a fish, just ask.
- I have a Bachelor of Science degree in biology with a zoology minor and a Master of Science degree in human health and nutritional science. My master’s research focused on vitamin D and cancer.
- Throughout my life I’ve had the following collections: seashells, insects, pressed leaves, mosses and lichens, mushroom spore prints, photographs of mushrooms and beach sand from around the world.
- My married name as of September 2012 is Jennifer Andrews. Still not sure what I’ll do about all my logins, email addresses and my domain name.